Making a complaint to the Students' Association

Complaints and Feedback about the Advice Place.

If you have a complaint or some feedback for us, you can contact any member of staff in the service.


Where you need a response we will respond within 5 working days, or let you know why it may take longer.  If you are making a complaint you can e-mail the Advice Place Manager directly who will arrange to speak with you in person or by phone or will accept your complaint in email or writing. If you are not happy with the response you receive, you can make a formal complaint by complant to Edinburgh University Student's Association.


You can also contact us to let us know when we do things right, or if there is anything you would like us to do that we don’t do currently.


Complaints about Edinburgh University Students' Association

If you experience a problem in any of the Students’ Association building or events, speak to a member of staff to try to resolve this. Things you can complain about include:


  • - Failure to provide a service
  • - The quality of our facilities
  • - Unfair treatment or inappropriate behaviour by a Students’ Association staff member, volunteer, or another person engaged in a Students’ Association activity or on Students’ Association premises


Our outlets are at Potterrow, Teviot Row House, King’s Buildings House, James Clerk Maxwell Building, John McIntyre Centre, The Pleasance and also include services such as the Advice Place.


If your issue hasn’t been resolved in a way you are satisfied with you can make a formal complaint.  Guidance on how to complain and the complaint form can be found here.


If you need help in submitting your complaint, the Advice Place can help.


Page last updated: