You can join the beginner classes during the first two weeks of each semester. These are completely free with no need to sign up or buy membership!
After that, the classes build upon the previous lessons and you will need to buy membership (£10 student / £15 non student).
Lindy Hop - The Venue, Potterrow
Balboa - The Study, Teviot Row House
Taught by Jamie and Katie
- 6:30 - 7:15 Intermediate Lindy Hop
This is the lesson for you if you started dancing with us last year or earlier, or you've learned basic Lindy Hop (e.g. 6-count, 8-count, Charleston, Lindy Turn, some variations) somewhere else and are fairly comfortable dancing socially. This lesson will focus on the difference between performing and social dancing.
- 7:15 - 8:00 Beginners Lindy Hop
No dance experience required, no partner needed, left-feet proof. Come along and give it a go!
Please wear comfortable clothing and flat shoes (more on what to wear).
- 8:00 - 9:30 Social Dancing/Practice
Listen to some great tunes and get those moves into your muscle memory. Relax, enjoy and don't be afraid of making mistakes- this is what Swing dance is all about!
- 8:15 - 9:00 Beginners Balboa (Study, Teviot)
Balboa is a bit trickier to lead and follow than Lindy Hop, so Jamie and Katie ask that you have some experience in a lead/follow partner dance (e.g. Lindy Hop, Tango, Salsa, ...) before attending. Also, please note beginners cannot join in the second semester.
Come join us for a drink and a chat (usually in New Amphion or Lounge Bar) after your lessons!
Quaker Room, Pleasance; The Study, Teviot Row House
(Please refer to email and to facebook posts. The times are likely to change too.)
- 1:00 - 3:00 Performance Group Rehearsal
- Practice time for the performance group.
3:00 - 4:00 Intermediate Recap
An extra class taught by your fellow members where everyone can practice the moves they learned in the Monday classes, as well as their variations and ask any questions.
- 4:00 - 5:00 Beginners Recap
- Same deal as above, but this time is dedicated for the people who've just joined us! (Or for anyone who wishes to go back to the basics!) Come and go over what you learned on Monday in a friendly and laid-back atmosphere.
- 5:00 - 6:00 Social dancing and open practice
- There will be music playing and this time is the time to unwind from all that learning and just jazz it up, boogie down and have some social fun! Or more practice, if you desire, as there is also space to go over moves with a partner or hone those triple steps. You can also ask the long-time members for their top tips and help!
EUSDS events throughout the week: