Vice President Activities & Services
As Vice President Activities & Services I am your lead representative in relation to the Students’ Association’s commercial services, space and facilities. I also coordinate and lead campaigns on student development and opportunities, societies and volunteering and social enterprises.
Below is an overview of what I’ve been able to achieve and/or am still working on, and if you ever want to collaborate on any of these objectives, get in touch with me at email@example.com or my Facebook account here!
This year, some of my key campaign areas have been to encourage inter-society collaboration, widening participation in activities, and to improve services.
More specifically, my objectives work has involved:
- - Expanding gender-neutral toilet provision across the campus through University Estates for current and future builds, which has been agreed to
- - Increasing the Activities & Sports Participation Grant successfully to £25k per year
- - Creating the first monthly LGBT+ Club Night, CRUSH, at Teviot
- - Launching a Skill Swap online platform for societies to share and request skills.
- - Investigating and reducing food waste in our commercial services, through hiring a food waste intern to pilot and evaluate a reduction strategy.
- - Reintroducing Meat Free Monday’s, with the help of VegSoc.
- - Transgender Awareness training for Students’ Association staff.
- - Supporting space and long-term strategizing for the International Students’ Centre.
- - Strategic planning at the Association for postgraduate engagement in Activities, with research planned this year.
- - Representing students on the Project Board for the upcoming Student Centre development.
For the rest of my term in office, I plan to continue working on the sustainability and fulfilment of the objectives above, as well as pursue the following goals:
- - Reusable cup: continue a campaign to reduce the use of disposable coffee cups through a potential ‘latte levy’ and other measures.
- - Creating How-To Guides for and by society members, on topics from event-planning to getting sponsorship.
- - Publishing a user-friendly flowchart to help people find which funds they can apply to for society help.
- - Continue to push for more postgraduate attention in the Students’ Association, and in upcoming University estates plans.
- - Push for an upgrade in our room booking system.
- - Advocate for a student-parents’ space in one of our buildings, which will be accessible to all and child-friendly.
You can find out more about what I’ve done by looking at past Student Council Accountability Reports, which can be found here.
Email me at VPactivities@eusa.ed.ac.uk