As your President, I lead on overall representation of your views as a student body, and liaise directly with the University to help fuel positive change. Most importantly, I work on ensuring that the Students' Association, and Edinburgh itself, is your second home.
If you need anything, I can point you in the right direction, be a sounding board for ideas, and help make your time here the best it can possibly be.
I look forward to seeing you around campus soon!
Email me at President@eusa.ed.ac.uk
- I’m Eleri, your newly elected President.
- I’m a fourth year Philosophy Student, and have had the pleasure of being your Sports Union Vice President last year. As Sports Union Vice President last year, I coordinated several successful projects: Yoga in the Library, the Sports Union Ball 2018, Go Green with EUSU, ‘Let’s Talk: Sport and Mental Health’, the Boost your Mood campaign, and more.
- I have loved representing the students who volunteer, coach and take part in sport at Edinburgh, and now I want to represent more students at Edinburgh.
Working to ensure all students feel secure during their time studying at Edinburgh.
Promoting a responsive and proactive students' union and student community.
Creatively advancing students' time at Edinburgh.
- Student card on your phone to make life more convenient.
- Lobbying the University to provide students with a reusable water bottle.
- King’s ‘Welcome Fair’ so King’s societies and intra-mural teams aren’t forgotten.
- More heat and eat stations across all campuses so you can bring your own meals to University.
- Keep Wednesday afternoons free by making sure no compulsory classes happen after 1pm.
- Free Yoga on campuses to boost your mood and give you a breather; I brought it to the library, let’s make it bigger!
- 50p off hot drinks when using your keep cup at any University café- if Peter’s yard can, why can’t we?
- Free sanitary products in all EUSA operated female and gender-neutral toilets, and lobby the University to follow suit.
- Big Cheese entry maximum £4 at all times. So your SU night is always the cheapest.
- Expanding the Participation Grant ensuring that it’s available to all students, so not being British doesn’t stop you from joining societies and clubs.
- Gym membership included in University Bursaries.
- Maintain the medical students’ food discount at Little France and The General.
- Ensuring that the council improve cycle routes to all campuses.
- Bring the Marchmont bus stop back for the shuttle bus and push for Peffermill to be added to the route to keep students safe.
- ‘Ask for Angela’ posters in all EUSA bars so you can safely get out of dangerous situations.
- ‘Take the lead’ sexual harassment training for all societies and sports exec committee members.
- Name and shame bad landlords and flat companies, so that you can’t be exploited.
- Weekly meetings with our liberation officers making it easier for them to be influential on campus.
- Recording student council so you know what EUSA are doing to represent you.
- Weekly drop in sessions on different campuses so you can bring your frustrations straight to me.
- Hold EUSA to account by tracking complaints and progress online.
- More collaboration with societies, sports clubs and schools tackling big campaigns together.
- Regular office hours with your local MP and MSP so that they can provide expert help on immigration worries ahead of Brexit.