Edinburgh University Students' Association student representatives are elected each year to ensure that students’ views are represented within the Students' Association, the University and beyond.
There are five Sabbatical Officers elected annually to lead the Students' Association and work full-time on behalf of students on various issues across all areas of student life. They hold their position for a full year, starting in the summer after they are elected. Your Sabbatical Officers for 2019-20 are:
Our Liberation Officers ensure that marginalised students' voices are heard, and play a role in building supportive communities, and achieving social change on campus and beyond. You can find out more about the Liberation Campaigns here.
The 2019/20 Liberation Officer team are:
Our Section Reps represent communities of students who are underrepresented in Higher Education and who might face barriers in accessing education and student life.
This year's Section Reps are:
- - International Students' Rep, Daniel Mutia
- - Mature Students' Rep, Elaina Benson
- - Part-Time Students' Rep, David Renton
- - Student Carers' Rep, Mia Zielinska
- - Student Parents' Rep, Ambra Minoli
We also have two Postgraduate representatives:
- - Postgraduate Taught Rep, Ameer Ibrahim
- Ameer represents students on postgraduate taught programmes, including the majority of Masters' programmes, and you can contact him directly by emailing email@example.com.
- - Postgraduate Research Rep, Fabio Battaglia
In Schools across the University, the Students' Association also supports over 1,000 Programme Reps, as well as Undergraduate and Postgraduate Reps for each School, all of whom work at the local level to improve teaching, feedback, spaces and services.
National Union of Students (NUS) Delegates
Each year delegates are elected to attend NUS Scotland and NUS UK National Conferences. Their role is to represent Edinburgh University Students' Association and vote on policy which directs the work of NUS.