The following summarises points made against the motion at the Student Council Meeting:
- This motion takes away people's choice to buy beef on campus.
- If students are buying beef then they don't want it banned.
- The Students' Association should be supporting local businesses by buying local beef.
- Beef products could be replaced with meat free products, many of which are made of soya not grown in the UK. The transportation of these products will emit greenhouse gases.
- There has never been a debate on whether or not to have potato wedges in cafes, surely the Students' Association can decide for themselves without so much input from us.