d) For EUSA to support Divest the Rest by giving £150 to the campaign (expenditure)
Submitted by Student Council on 5th November 2015
What will we do?
- We are asking that EUSA contributes £150 towards the production of resources for the Divest the Rest campaign, the aim of which is to push Edinburgh University to withdraw its investments from the fossil fuel and arms industries
What is the background to this?
- The ethical investment campaign has been gathering momentum over the last year, and the university is currently reviewing its policy in the light of campaigning by students.
What beliefs motivate your actions?
- 1) The ethical investment campaign has been gaining momentum over the last year, and we want it to be as accessible as possible to all students.
- 2) Being able to produce resources such as posters and leaflets would be a really helpful way of reaching people who might not otherwise be drawn to student activism, and for more people to be informed on the university's developing ethical investment policy.
- 3) To be able to do this, we require some funding to contribute to the cost of printing.
Submitted with 20 student signatures