The Edinburgh Medical Debate is back and it’s bigger than ever! In celebration of the 150th anniversary of The Edinburgh Seven our topic this year is: Is Medicine Still a Patriarchy?
Edinburgh Medical Students Council and Edinburgh Medical School invite you to join us at McEwan Hall (!!!) on Wednesday 6th November for what promises to be an exciting panel discussion on the current state of gender inequality in the medical profession, followed by a reception!
The evening will be chaired by Professor Mona Siddiqui, Chair in Islamic and Interreligious Studies at the University of Edinburgh
· Dr Fizzah Ali, Editor, Medical Woman Magazine
· Professor Lorna Marson, Professor of Transplant Surgery (University of Edinburgh) and Honorary Consultant Transplant Surgeon.
· Dr Elizabeth Pollitzer, Director of Portia
· Dr Ellen McCourt, Former Chair, BMA Junior Doctors Committee
· Dr Richard Weller, Honorary NHS Consultant Dermatologist and Principal Investigator
· Wesley Mcloughlin, Third Year Medical Student
This event is FREE and open to all students and members of the public! Get your tickets on eventbrite now before they sell out!
Checkout the Facebook event here!