Activities Representative (Volunteering)
Hi! My name is Aditi and I’m a 1st year Pharmacology student from Mumbai, India. My 6 years of experience in organising, leading and participating in community service activities + my role as a Welfare Head has made me very people - friendly. It has taught me how to get them involved and engaged in different projects. I would love to be your Activities representative for Volunteering going forward.
- In the past 6 years:
- 14 Major Leadership Roles
- Volunteered with 15+ NGOs
- 3 Volunteering based Awards
I aim to fill the lives of all the people in need with colour! By making them feel courageous, independent, free, secure and optimistic!
- Visibility –
- I shall make myself available to students who have any questions or want advice about volunteering.
- I will encourage and support the creation of volunteering events, fairs and activities through the SU and the Careers Hub.
- I shall act as an effective communication bridge between the union and the students by relaying all your opinions and ideas.
- Increase One – Off Group Activities -A number of times students have no choice but to volunteer for external organizations and participate individually. This is quite tedious. I plan to organize one - off volunteering activities that will increase the number of group activities that we participate in as a university.
- Employability - Volunteering is a great way to make a difference as well as develop personal skills by challenging your self - something employers always looks for. I plan to organise different workshops that will explain how to increase your chances at being a successful volunteer and how best to present your voluntary work to potential employers.
- Opportunities - I aim to create more opportunities for student participation from different fields in volunteering activities - by diversifying the projects and involving other societies. I will also strengthen the volunteering infrastructure by working with both the SU and the Careers Service to maximize opportunities.
I really want to connect students to all the possibilities available to them and see more students becoming volunteers - so as to help the people around us and change the world step by step for the better! #Let'sBrightenTheWorldogether
However, I shall only be able to do so if you support me. So please vote for me!
Thank you and Stay safe!