My name is Fizzy, and I want to be your next VP Education!
I’m a fourth year Biological Sciences (Immunology Hons) undergraduate, and before moving to Edinburgh I grew up in Abu Dhabi.
I’m currently the Touch Rugby Club President during our first year as an official Sports Union Club, which has been a lot of hard work and provided me with experience to effectively navigate committees. Outside of sport I am an aspiring teacher and more recently have been involved with the first-year curriculum re-design for Biological Sciences, and have chosen to focus on that for the topic of my Research Project!
My experiences to date have given me some insight to the structure of our education and the opportunity to be a student voice in the light of changes to our education. If elected I’d work hard to listen to you and support your voice on educational issues and strive to make real, positive change!
Improved Teaching and Feedback
- Consistent, high quality feedback on all assignments
- Easier access to exam feedback
- Transparency in assessment marking criteria
- Transparency for year abroad students grading criteria
- Accurate feedback timescale
Increased Student Support
- Ensure the new personal tutor structure is working and is consistent across schools
- Lobby for mental health training for personal tutors
- Strive for earlier release of exam diet 1
- Enabling students to prepare for exams earlier
- Enabling international students enough time to make travel arrangements
- Improve student support for year abroad and placement students
- Improve student support for students with disability adjustments during research projects
- Improve academic support for students undergoing joint honours
- Ensure consistency and communication between schools
Inclusive Learning Experience
- Continue to lobby for all lectures to be recorded
- Promote alternative forms of assessment
- Paperless hand-ins for all assessment and dissertations
- Continue to lobby for continuation of King’s Building Shuttle Bus
- Improved travel options for Easter Bush, Western General and the BioQuarter
- Increase study space at King’s Buildings
- Improve advertisement for alternative study spaces during exam period
- Support BME officer in campaign to close the BME attainment gap
- Continue the campaign against hidden course costs