Team Volunteering is a fantastic way to volunteer without a long-term commitment. We work with Edinburgh-based communities to put on and complete some of their big projects which need people power.
These one-off opportunities are a great way to:
- Contribute if you don’t have time to regularly volunteer
- Try out a new activity
- Try volunteering
- Gain experience and training as a Team Lead
- Meet like-minded people
- Get involved in the local community
- Have fun!
We recruit a Team Leader to lead and other volunteers to help out on the day. Our focus is to support and join in with the local community, provide a space where students can try volunteering in different capacities and meet people!
We meet on select Wednesdays and Saturday throughout the year, helping out a different charity or centre on each occasion. Find out about upcoming events here.
Past events have included:
- Stewarding the Target Ovarian Cancer Walk
- Gardening in the Meadows
- Gardening in children's play areas for Dad's Rock
- Painting activity rooms in Broomlee Outdoor Education Centre
- Using Willow Weaving techniques to prevent erosion in Burdiehouse Burn Valley Park
- Stewarding the Edinburgh Christmas Charity Run
- Running Food Sharing stalls for the SHRUB
Here’s what some of the charities have said about our Team Volunteers:
- ‘Having a clean and renovated classroom will be a huge benefit to the hundreds of children next year. We are delighted with the group.’ - Broomlee Centre
- ‘Collaborations always result in people learning more than they expected.’ - Dad’s Rock
- ‘Very cheerful and efficient volunteers, more volunteers please.’ - Friends of the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links
For any additional questions, and to sign up to our mailing list to stay up-to-date, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org