The Volunteering Service is operating remotely and at a reduced capacity during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Information for organisations:
- - This may affect the response time to your queries.
- - Organisations registered on the Volunteering Hub will still have full access to this.
- - New organisations are welcome to complete registration on the Volunteering Hub, however, they will not be processed during this time.
- - New opportunities will not be approved during this time.
- - If you have an opportunity relevant to Coronavirus or an online opportunity, please email email@example.com with a brief description and webpage link to where students can apply. This may be posted on our Volunteering and Coronavirus/Covid-19 blog.
The Volunteering Service provides UK Third Sector organisations the opportunity to work with students who are eager to take on volunteering opportunities in a range of disciplines. With over 41,000 students at the University of Edinburgh, our student volunteers offer a wealth of skills and perspectives and are eager to take on activities in a range of disciplines.
We provide a number of services to help connect you with our students, including a volunteering brokerage service, the opportunity to host a one-off project with a team of student volunteers, connect with our student-led societies and projects, meet our students at our Third-Sector Careers Fair and an opportunity to recognise the work student volunteers do and help them to have their volunteering recognised by the university with the Edinburgh Award for Volunteering.
Before contacting the Volunteering Service to promote your volunteering opportunities, please read our guidance by clicking the button below labelled 'Advertise your opportunities'.