Welcome to the University of Edinburgh Geographical Society!
Welcome to GeogSoc! Our aim is to enhance the Geographical Community of Edinburgh University by strengthening friendships between Geography-minded students.
We do this through hosting an abundance of amazing social events, including Pub Quizzes and Crawls, Academic Families, Winter Ceilidh, and of course, the unforgettable Annual Spring Ball!
GeogSoc is run by fun-loving members from all years, who have a passion for everything Geography related. You'll often find a committee member or two at the Geography Cafe in Drummond Street, so come along, have a cup of tea and say hi!
If you have questions about our fundarising events, please do not hesitate to contact out Charity Coordinator Rebecca Rees.
Your career is just that; yours. You choose it. You live it. You make it happen. To get the best from it, you need the best opportunities. That’s why opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. Opportunities to grow as an individual, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last fourteen years.
All routes offer you the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. In return we need people who are resilient, willing to work hard, are quick to learn, and who, above all, are passionate about going the extra mile to help our clients.
So join PwC. We’ll help you reach your full potential.
What we do
We help our clients create the value they want, from public and private companies, to governments and charities. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Where you could work:
There are many areas of our business you can choose to work:
Our offer to you...
· To be part of the world’s leading professional services network and enjoy the benefits that come with that.
· Work directly with big name clients where you’ll get to grips with the value they’re looking for by getting into the detail.
· Provide an environment where you’ll be able to explore new opportunities, to help you grow and find your niche.
· Give you access to the best learning and development around. Every graduate enjoys a structured career programme, and many join career paths that involve study towards a professional qualification.
What you need to bring to us
For most of our programmes we take any degree subject.
The PwC deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. Opportunities to grow as an individual, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
Ways you can gain work experience
You can learn where your skills, interests and career goals would best fit by spending as little as 1 day with us, on an Insight Day, or if you’re looking to make a longer time investment you could attend a 6-week paid internship, or perhaps an 11-month paid work placement.
How to apply
Take the opportunity of a lifetime, and join an employer focussed on helping you reach your full potential.
• President - Jessica Curtis
• Vice President - Katie Downey
• Treasurer - Ellen Scott
• Secretary - Victoria Song
• IT Manager - Stuart Briggs
• Social Secretaries - Becky Hall, Jessica Friell and Lizzy Batchelor
• Sports Secretary - Ellie Parker
• Creative Manager - Henry Fearn
• Charity Coordinator - Rebecca Rees
• Hutton Club/RSGS Correspondent - Hannah Fieldsend
If you would like to join the commitee, come along to our weekly meetings held on Tuesdays at 1pm in the Library in the Annex (from the main building on Drummond street, go down the stairs on the right and then take another right) or sometimes held in a more relaxed environment such as a cafe or pub (in which case look out for details on our social media!).
For more information check out our own website!
or contact the President Jessica Curtis at email@example.com
Feel free to email us, check out our website using the link or keep up with all our activity by becoming friends with us onFacebook and Twitter.