If you would like to promote your society event on the Students' Association's What's On page, fill in this form
The University of Edinburgh FinTech Society aims to help students and non-students who express an interest in fintech to familiarize, learn and participate in the dynamic industry. We endeavour to provide a platform for students and professionals to learn, evaluate and debate the developments in financial technologies that could change the way we think about finance.
This goal shapes our four values:
1. Opportunity – Inform students about new job opportunities emerging in FinTech due to the fast pace of changes in the modern global economy.
2. Skill Building – Equip members with the theoretical and practical skill set needed to engage and participate in the FinTech industry.
3. Social – Help members to meet like-minded people with common interests to learn from and work with.
4. Debate – Provide students and professionals interested in FinTech with a platform to learn, evaluate and debate on the impact of technology on the financial services industry and financial markets.
Our 2020 Plan
- Workshops – We are currently putting together workshops that will be held on Microsoft Teams. This means you can attend them from the comfort of your own home! All materials used in the workshops will then be distributed in our communication channels later on so you can access them at any time.
- Speaker Events – We are looking to host speaker events with either Zoom or Microsoft Teams, which gives you prime opportunity to learn from professionals in their respective fields.
- Socials – Just because we can’t all be together to grab a beer doesn’t mean that it’s the end of socials! We will be looking to host:
- Movie nights
- Game nights
And more throughout the year!
Welcome Week Event
Sign-up Link: https://forms.gle/WtWR9pojtDFjzzBj6
We will be hosting an introduction to the society which features a Q&A session for you to ask us any questions you might have. After the introduction, we will then have a fun quiz lined up! If you would like to sign up, click on the sign-up link above.
Date & Time:
> 14th of September, 5PM - 6:30PM BST
> 24th of September, 5PM - 6:30PM BST
Stay In Touch
We have multiple communication platforms such as WeChat & Discord and we encourage you to join them and to get to know us!
Website (Under Construction)
WeChat & Facebook Group Chat
- Please email us or DM our Facebook Page and we will get you added into the respective chat