High risk activities


If you took our survey and were directed to this page, it means that your Society or group organises activities that are considered high risk. While the Students’ Association’s insurance policy covers some food-related activities, there are a number of steps you must take to protect your committee and members from unnecessary risks.



As a Society that regularly prepares and sells food, you will need to obtain a food hygiene certificate. You can find all the necessary information in our step-by-step guide.



Food hygiene certificates must be completed and returned to the Activities team, together with the risk assessments, prior to the beginning of each semester.



If you are unsure about your group’s classification or requirements, please get in touch with us on societies@eusa.ed.ac.uk.