Global Community Fund
The Global Community Fund provides small grants ranging from £50 to £300 to support student-led activities, events and projects on campus. The Fund aims to:
- Celebrate the diversity of cultures at the University of Edinburgh
- Promote integration between home and international students
- Encourage conversations on global issues and support global citizenship
- Be collaborative and inclusive
- Create an international community on campus
Applications are closed. Applications will re-open in September 2020
This Fund is provided and managed in collaboration by Edinburgh Global and the Students’ Association.
The Global Community Fund is open to all students and groups of students at the University of Edinburgh. You can apply for more than one activity/project within an academic year as long as the total amount of funding applied for does not exceed £300.
Your project must clearly reflect the Fund’s aims. Please make sure to refer to and show which of the Fund’s aims your activity supports in your application.
- Applications can be submitted at any time during the semester. There are no deadlines for submitting applications as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis to allow students flexibility in planning their projects.
- The panel reviewing applications meets every two weeks during semester-time. Following this meeting, we will inform you of the outcome of your application. Potential outcomes are ‘Yes, full amount granted’, ‘Yes, partial amount granted’, ‘No’, and ‘More information needed’.
- If your application has been successful, we will ask you for your bank details so that we can transfer the funds into your account. In total, the time between applying to the Global Community Fund and receiving any funding granted can take up to 5 weeks (longer outwith teaching periods), please keep this in mind when making your application.
- All funded activities must be carried out on campus. The Global Community Fund won’t fund projects that have happened already or that are happening within 4 weeks of the date of application.
- Funded activities must benefit a wider group of students at the University of Edinburgh than just the applicants − please refer to the Fund's aims for guidance.
- The Global Community Fund is unable to provide funds towards individual fundraising/sponsorship ventures such as charity runs or similar.
- An activity may receive funds from other sources on top of the funds received from the Global Fund – please indicate other sources of funding (either already secured or applied for) in your application.
- The Global Community Fund does not normally pay for websites. Printing of promotional materials will only be supported up to a maximum of £40, and purchase of food/drink will only be supported up to a maximum of £100. If you are holding your event in an Edinburgh University Students’ Association venue, please adhere to the Students’ Association’s food policy. Please note that the Global Community Fund will not fund the purchase of alcoholic drinks.
- If your application has been successful, you will be asked to submit a report within 1 month of completion of your project. We will email you a form to do this. You will also be required to submit evidence of the project costs (e.g. invoices, receipts).
- We can support you with your event by providing event planning training and meet you with you as your plan.
How to apply
To apply to the Global Community Fund, you will need to fill in this online application form.
If you have any questions about the Global Community Fund, please email email@example.com
In addition to the Global Community Fund, the Students' Association offers funding through a range of other small grants and funding schemes − have a look at the funding page to see which fund is the most appropriate one for your activity.
You can also check Edinburgh Global website for student opportunities: https://global.ed.ac.uk/opportunities